Saturday, September 08, 2007

I'm participating in a Poem RR with a group of friends. The cover is pictured on the left. The theme of my book is The Moon and Stars. One reason I choose that theme was the art doll idea that has been floating around in my head for a while. Once I started my book, I decided to go ahead and create the doll. I finally finished it last weekend. When my book returns, I'll display them together. The doll is polymer clay and the moon is a tin foil base, covered with DAS brand air-dry clay.

Three friends, Tricia, Lisa, Vicki and I decided to do an art doll round robin earlier this year. Each of us choose a theme and did our faces and bodies. Tricia choose Air, Lisa's was Celestial/Gems, Vicki went with Forest and I choose Water Sprite. We would meet once a month at one of the quaint little wineries or restaurants in downtown McKinney to exchange our dolls and visit. I have pictures from three of our meetings, 1st, 2nd & 4th. The dolls all turned out fabulous and we will definately be doing this again.

One of art egroups that I belong to issued a challenge - Ornies. The rules for the ornies are they cannot be bigger than 7 inches, must be able to be hung and have to be created from a premade doll. I got some small (5 3/4 inch) porcelain dolls from the dollar store as the base for my ornies. I used butterfly wings that I had purchased at Michaels. I had so much fun doing these.