Sunday, January 04, 2009

I must have put the word out very well that I needed jewelry to wear with black & lucky me, I got several beautiful pieces. From my friend, Vicki, I got two gorgeous ones - one peyote stitch & one accented with drop beads. I know I'll get lots of wear from these (as I've already worn them several times).


Another friend, Nancy (Draped In Jewelry), drew my name in our group's Christmas mingle. She made a lovely bracelet & earring set using crystals & chain. Unfortunately I can't tolerate earrings anymore, but I hated to just have them sit in the drawer somewhere. I do wear necklaces and originally considered contacting Nancy to see if she would convert the earrings for me. The bracelet she made is pictured at the right. The earrings were dangles and I decided to see if I could incorporate them into a crystal criss-cross necklace, as the center dangle - it worked! I made the necklace New Year's eve while watching "chic flick" movies. Now I have a necklace & matching bracelet to wear. The necklace is a choker style and the earring parts made a great accent - perfect!


1 comment:

Patti G. said...

Beautiful bracelet from Nancy and what a way to make use of the earrings Nina! Beautiful necklace!
Hugs,Patti