Sunday, January 04, 2009

Multimedia Boxes
Nothing like bringing in the new year with art, such a great start to the year. My friend, Tricia came over for an art play day on January 2. We both worked on mixed media pieces and had a great, productive time. I created three boxes. I had made the polymer clay faces previously, so I had them on hand. I painted the boxes, then the fun began, determining how to incorporate all the items. First I wire wrapped the faces, as I knew I wanted to add other metal accents. I ran craft metal sheets, metal mesh and screen through a Cuttlebug machine with embossing folders to add texture and interest to it. The lid surfaces seemed too plain, so I added decorative papers to the blue & turquoise one and rusted pattern tissue to the brown/green one. I cut the metal to shape, used heat to patina it and glued it all down. An old earring was the perfect accent for the blue box, while circles cut from craft foil attached to cardstock worked for the brown/green box.

1 comment:

Patti G. said...

Stunning boxes Nina!
A big HUG for Monday's tomorrow leading into a 5 day work week! Waaaaaaaaaa!
Hugs,Patti