Sunday, July 01, 2012

Design Process
I've had people ask me about my design process when creating jewelry. It is usually a matter of having the focal or basic beads and building from there. I'll place those beads in a box and as I run into other beads that I think will go with them, I'll toss them in the box as well. When I'm ready to begin, I spread the beads out on my surface and see what works. Sometimes beads won't go with some of the other beads or they turn out to be the wrong shade, size or shape and they are eliminated. Once I have it narrowed down, I start working the actual design. This portion is always very fluid for me with nothing rigid, just what works best. The beads used on the brown and aqua set were dictated by the main focal beads. The beads for the necklace for Vicki were a match for a shirt she bought.
Bead choice process

Finished Necklace


Finished Necklace & Bracelet


Beads for Vicki's Necklace


Vicki's Necklace Finished

No comments: