Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trash to Treasure Find

My husband and I have always kept our eyes open for finds - those things that others have thrown away that turn out to be treasures for us. I've got a trunk and shelf from a builder's dump in my studio, plus several other fabulous finds from surplus equipment companies. Our neighborhood has a large trash day the last Saturday of the month where you can put larger items out and call to get on the schedule for pick up. Sometimes you can find great items that your neighboors no longer want. Case in point (pun intended) - Bennie found this fabulous case, in perfect condition. In fact it looks like it was never used - I corrected that immediately. I wasn't sure at first what I was going to put in it, I just knew I would use it. Turns out it is perfect for all my Steampunk ephemera! Glad it is very sturdy - the thing weighs almost 20 pounds now!

No comments: