Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Catching Up & Great Find
     I should truly rename this blog, the Infrequent Blog. I always have the best intentions to blog and I compose witty and pithy posts in my head while I'm driving or working out or other such places where it doesn't get transferred to my actual blog. The truth is when I do have free/spare time, I usually spend it in my studio creating rather than on the computer. With my day job, I spend hours and hours on the computer anyway.

     A couple of weeks ago Michaels had their Friends & Family sale. This is one of the events that I look forward to and take advantage to stock up. Most times when I go to Michaels, I'm running in for specific items that I need and usually in a hurry. During the Friends & Family event, I go up and down every single aisle - after all it is a great sale.
     The advantage of going up and down each aisle and spending time just looking and browsing is that you find things you might not otherwise find. I am an avid beader - I should be familiar with all of our beading products. I'm sure many of you have already seen and bought this product, but it was a new discovery for me. Beadalon Crimp Tube in nice little tubes! I bought the assorted pack, with silver, gold, copper & hematite color crimps. They also had ones that were the same color but various size tubes, plus crimp beads. I hated the previous little plastic bags that the tubes came in because no matter how careful you were to only open them a little bit, those tiny crimp tubes came out of the package and got all over everywhere. These will be perfect to keep in my beading case and always have on hand.

No comments: