Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's
I hadn't played around with altered or paper arts in quite a while. I decided to do some items for Valentines this year. The first picture shows altered recipe boxes. I got the recipe boxes from the Fun Finds section at Michaels. I sealed them with gesso and had fun with several different types of paint. I stamped and embossed, added grungeboard embossed hearts, rusted jewelry components and stamped shrinky dink images to create a less traditional Valentine. I filled them with chocolate and travel size lotions, bath gels and such to give to my friends.

I also did some bookmark tag Valentines with hearts. I covered the tags with decorative paper, did some stamping, some masking, inked the edges, added hearts, ribbon, Prima flowers and such to make more non-traditional Valentine's.

One of the art doll egroups I belong to did a Queen of Hearts swap. I used a dollar store porcelain doll as the base for my doll. Her wings are wire and screen, she is covered with tissue paper and painted. She has stamped embellishments and a brass pressing crown.





The local polymer clay guild meeting is on Valentine's Day this year. Our swap theme is nature, so I did the turtle pins. We are supposed to wrap our swap items and I thought since it is Valentine's, I would wrap them appropriately. I made pilow boxes from red gloss cardstock and added Prima flowers and ribbon.

3 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

such beautiful pieces Nina!!!

Elaine Akers said...

Nina...I love the Valentine tag you sent to me, and I see it here.
The turtles are awesome. You did a beautiful job on everything.

Fran said...

Hi Nina,
Haven't been to your blog in along time. I stay busy and never enough time to check out all the blogs. Your work is great. Those little elves are really cute. Your jewerly is lovely. All your work is great. Our kids sent pics of the 12 inch of snow they had. LOL LOL They sent pictures of 6 inches of snow you got on the first day of Spring a few days agofo. The kids live in Wylie. They were supposed to get a total of 8 inches before it stopped. My husband and I are coming to Texas March 25. There's a wedding and then we spend time with our kids and grandkids.
Hugs
Fran