Sunday, November 02, 2014


DIY Office Decor

Succulent Palette
On my schedule this year was a home office makeover. I choose a palette based on a Design Seeds post. I ultimately just used the first three colors as my accent colors and went a bit more on the blog side with the feather palette for the walls.
Feather Palette

Martha Stewart Crafts had the perfect colors in their Vintage Decor Chalk Paint, Cantaloupe and Terra Cotta. Chalk paints are great for painting on multiple surfaces. They are are easy to use and don't require sanding, are quick-drying and have amazing waxes in both antique and clear to finish your pieces.
Martha Stewart Vintage Decor Supplies

 I painted several accent pieces for my home office decor makeover.


Office organizers bought on clearance at Michaels
Office organizers bought on clearance at Michaels
Office Organizers with Chalk Paint & Stenciling
Office Organizers painted & stenciled


Accent table painted with Martha Stewart Vintage Decor Paint
Accent Table Painted & Stenciled
The organizers were bought on clearance at Michaels. They were a fabulous buy and perfect for office desk organization, but they weren't a color or design that I liked. No problem! Simply paint with the Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Chalk Paint, stencil design (using the darker shade of chalk paint), add a coat of clear wax, then wipe with the antique wax.
The table was an unfinished table I bought years ago at a white elephant sale. I didn't take step out photos while I did it, but I just painted with the terra cotta chalk paint, stenciled with cantaloupe. I sanded to distress and then applied clear wax mixed with antique to antique. Once that was dry, I dry-brushed cantaloupe on the piece to give it more dimension. I finished it by rubbing a coat of clear wax to seal and protect.

No comments: